Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Lexi Becker

My heart is to serve God this summer, and He has given me an exciting way to do that! I will be doing summer missions with Child Evangelism Fellowship (CEF), a global organization bringing the gospel to kids in 170+ nations around the world.

The program is called Christian Youth In Action (CYIA). I will be working with other students my age to learn how to share the gospel with kids. We will be in training from June 10-22. Then we will go out into the city to share Christ’s love!

I am going to spend three weeks in the Denver metro area teaching 5-Day Clubs with our teammates. The 5-Day Club is a 90-minute program for kids filled with high energy games, a Bible lesson, songs, a missionary story, and more. Kids get to hear the gospel, have fun, and just be in a positive environment. We will give each child an opportunity to respond personally to the gospel teaching.

This is an opportunity that will stretch my comfort zone in a lot of ways. I will be going to both rich neighborhoods and poor neighborhoods. I will work with both preschoolers and elementary-age kids. I don’t know what to expect or what I will encounter as I meet each new group of kids. But I do know that Jesus has the power to save! I am excited to see how God will work.

I need to raise $420 for this summer. Would you consider supporting me? Donations are fully tax-deductible, and you can make a secure online donation by credit card or PayPal:


I will need lots of prayer this summer. If you would like one of my prayer bookmarks, please contact the CEF office at greaterdenvercef@yahoo.com. Thank you so much for being a part of my summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment