Friday, May 10, 2013

Celeste Gilmore

I wanted to serve God with my summer, and He has given me an exciting way to do this! I am doing summer missions with Child Evangelism Fellowship (CEF), a global organization that ministers to kids in over 180 nations around the world.

The program is Christian Youth In Action (CYIA). I will work with other students my age to learn how to reach the next generation for Christ. We will be in training camp from June 7-21. Then we will go out into communities across the city to share Christ’s love!

I will spend two full weeks within the six-county Denver area teaching 5-Day Clubs with my teammates. The 5-Day Club is a 90-minute program for kids with high energy games, a Bible lesson that presents the gospel, songs, a missionary story, and more. It is kind of like VBS on the road! Kids learn the gospel and have a great time, all in a positive environment. We will give each child the opportunity to respond personally to the gospel teaching.

We will be going to public parks, community centers, multi-housing complexes, and anywhere else children might gather. CEF finds that there are a lot of kids who will come to 5-Day Club in the public park that might not go to church on Sunday morning. Pray that we will be able to reach many children and families who need Christ!

Then the last two weeks of July, over 150 CEF volunteers from around the country are coming to Denver to work alongside us for “Good News Across America.” We are partnering with 30 churches. Each church will do three 5-Day Clubs in their community. At the end of the clubs on Friday night, each church will invite the children and families to a rally back at its facility. Through this outreach, we are laying the foundation to start 30 new after-school CEF clubs in the fall!

I need to raise $1,200 for the entire six weeks of ministry. Would you prayerfully consider supporting me? You can make a secure online donation by credit/debit card or PayPal:


Please also consider partnering with me in prayer. If you would like one of my prayer bookmarks, please contact the CEF office. Thank you for being a part of my summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment