Monday, May 26, 2014

Tori Leu

Happy Spring! I hope everything is well with you and your family! I am writing to you to announce my mission possibilities this summer. I have a passion to serve God and that has led me to these two wonderful opportunities. I am completing my junior year in high school. I am 16-years-old and counting! And I hope to answer what the Lord is calling me to do.

The first mission I would like to do this summer is in partnership with Child Evangelism Fellowship (CEF). CEF is a global organization ministering to kids in over 185 nations around the world. And they have an office right here in Denver! The training is with Christian Youth In Action (CYIA), which trains middle school, high school and college students how to reach children with the gospel. My team and I will be training for two weeks, June 7-20, and then doing two weeks of ministering in different communities. During the two weeks of ministering I will be doing 5-Day Clubs, which are like a VBS “on the road.” Each club is a 90-minute program that consists of high energy games, a Bible lesson, songs, Scripture memory, and a missions story.

My second opportunity this summer is to go to Eleuthera, Bahamas with Trinity Church! July 25-August 4 we will travel down there and we will be staying at Windermere High School on Governor’s Harbor. While on the Island my team and I will be doing a construction project for the school, a roofing project on a local church, and a VBS for the kids in a neighboring settlement. I went on this mission trip last year and it was one of the most wonderful experiences I’ve had! I would love the chance to go again!

The reason these trips appeal to me is because of the opportunity to minister to children. They are the minds of tomorrow and it would be a once in a life time experience to help be a part of their decision to follow Jesus. Psalm 78:4-8 says: “We will not hide these truths from our children; we will tell the next generation about the glorious deeds of the Lord, about his power and his mighty wonders. For he issued his laws to Jacob; he gave his instructions to Israel. He commanded our ancestors to teach them to their children, so the next generation might know them-even the children not yet born-and they will in turn teach your own children. So each generation should set its hope anew on God, not forgetting his glorious miracles and obeying his commands. Then they will not be like their ancestors-stubborn, rebellious, and unfaithful, refusing to give their hearts to God.” So if I can make a difference in these children’s lives, it would be a tremendous honor.

First and foremost I would like to ask for your prayer support. Please pray for me, my teammates, and the people we will be working with. And please pray that God will use me to my full potential. In addition to your prayers I am also in need of financial support. The CEF opportunity costs $650 and the Eleuthera mission costs $1,500. I ask you to pray about partnering with me and being a part of my missions this summer.

If you do choose to support me financially there are couple ways to do it: (1) If you want to give to the CEF mission, you can make an online donation by credit/debit card or PayPal:


(2) If you choose to donate to the Eleuthera mission you can do so with cash or a check. Please make checks payable to Trinity Church.

You can partner with me in prayer. CEF has produced prayer bookmarks to help people remember to pray! If you would like one of my bookmarks, please contact the CEF office. Thank you for being a part of my summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment